An unknown percentage of people who have updated their iPhone to Apple’s most recent iOS 12.1.2 software update are apparently plagued with curious issues preventing them from making voice calls over their carrier’s LTE network, as well as sending and receiving texts.
Customers report being unable to use apps with cellular data while others claim their cellular network is no longer working properly after updating to iOS 12.1.2. One user in particular reported seeing their mobile phone delinked from his iMessage account.
Here’s a temporary solution that has worked for me like a charm.
How to fix SMS and LTE issues with iOS 12.1.2
Because this issue manifests itself when your iPhone with iOS 12.1.2 is connected to a carrier’s LTE network, limiting the device to use LTE for data but not voice should fix this for you.
- 1-Open the Settings app on your device.
- 2-Tap Cellular or Mobile Data, depending on your language settings.
- 3- Be sure that the Cellular Data toggle has been switches to the ON position.
- 4- Tap Wi-Fi Calling, then disable the feature on this iPhone.
- 5- Go back, choose Cellular Data Options from the list.
- 6- Tap Enable 4G, then choose the option labeled Data Only.
NOTE: You may need to restart your iPhone for the changes to take effect.This is just a temporary solution and as such isn’t perfect.